SArmy "Send all available units" option

Tell what do you want to add or change in bot functionality

SArmy "Send all available units" option

Postby Kioniv » 10 Aug 2016, 3:09

When creating attacks, it's hard to know in some cases exactly how many of each troop you will have home/available. For example, if you sent a nuke at a village and expect part of it to live and you want to use that as soon as it returns.

It would be very useful to have a checkbox by each unit type in each attack you create in SArmy which when checked it will send all troops that of that type that are in the village at the time of launch.
Kioniv

Re: SArmy "Send all available units" option

Postby jonas » 10 Aug 2016, 15:18

Use "*". It's already implemented.
jonas

Postby Kioniv » 11 Aug 2016, 1:47

Wow, really? So if I put a wildcard, it will send all available (at the time of launch)?

EDIT: Tried this out, it works. Thank you so much! :)
Kioniv

Postby jonas » 11 Aug 2016, 15:07

No problem.

But be aware that the bot prepares attacks some time before they're lunched, so if your troops are back at 20:00:00:001 and you want to send it all out (incase of a backtime e.g.) at 20:00:00:500, it wont work.

Hex should look into that, actually... :-)
jonas

Postby Kioniv » 12 Aug 2016, 2:01

Thanks for the tip. So in this hypothetical you would use the exact troops in the returning command, instead of *.

So the only way hex could make it better is if it checked returning command for that troop type if using * and calculated how many would be at home at launch time. That would assume though that there isn't another attack between the prep time and actual launch using that troop type.
Kioniv

Postby jonas » 12 Aug 2016, 12:28

No, because it still prepares the attack minutes before it'll be send. Check the "tasks" and see how long before it creates the task.

The issue is the preparation time. Hex should make a "fast prepare" option, maybe even a configurable one, so it will create the "send army" task e.g. 10 second before.
jonas

Postby Kioniv » 10 Sep 2016, 0:14

Question about this:

If I have say 100 spears home at the time of attack prep and I do *-10 (or some other mathematical expression), would that return 90 spears?

Edit: Just tried this, doesn't work. If anyone knows a way to send all units - a certain amount, I would love to know how :)
Kioniv

Return to Suggestions